Skip to main content

Art Rat

So if the athletic coaches kid who goes to all the games and practices is called a "gym rat", I have come up with the new term for Charlie, "art rat". She hasn't been to a lot of athletic events, but I doubt there are many 3 year olds that have been to as many gallerias and art openings as she has been too.

Before we go in we always go over the rules:
1. don't touch the art
2. use an inside voice
3. don't drink the "special juice"
and
4. stare into the art with a deep sense of inner perspective and anguish
(she has #4 down)

This is Charlie at an art show for my school. I love that she is able to pick out which pieces she likes the best, although it usually has to do with artist's use of pink and purple (the more pink and purple the better).


When Jacob is not at home Charlie often tells me that "he's at school teachin' the kids how to paint." She loves to paint, so really there isn't anything cooler in her world, unless he was perhaps "teachin' the kids how to growl like a pink dinosaur". And for me there really isn't anything cooler than having a husband who gets to use his amazing God given creativity everyday.

This is at Katie's Senior Art Show (she is one of his painting students). It was a wonderful show.

ok... I am just now noticing the deep strangeness of the pose that Jacob and Charlie are in and the pose of the painting in the background... and got to say I am a little creeped out. I hope this is not an indication that someday armless hands will come out of Charlie's mouth.

Comments

amy said…
can I have the "special juice"??
Brian said…
a) are you *sure* Jake isn't "teachin' the kids how to growl like a pink dinosaur"?

b) what are the red marks over his eyebrows? is he growing horns?