Skip to main content

residentially challenged

Jacob and I decided to sell our house in a terrible real estate market. We were prepared for many challenges... however we weren't quite ready for this.


Only 7 days after our Open House, it sold. We closed on April 26th, which was amazing and wonderful... but... no it is just amazing and wonderful. We are so very thankful that this has not only worked out but it has worked out so quickly. It is Amazing and Wonderful. The only problem is (and please don't hear me complaining, cause I'm not)...We don't really have any where to go, exactly. I am still working in St. Louis and we don't have a house yet in Greenville. We had a couple brave friends and family offer up a spare room/ a basement... But Jacob and I come with quite a lot of baggage, mostly in the form of 2 sweet but loud in the morning girls. We soon realized that we are by definition... homeless. However, we don't really like to think of ourselves as homeless, so we are going by residentially challenged.

Last week we packed up all our earthly belongings and moved everything into a storage unit in Greenville. Then we put a couple of can't live without possessions and hippo into some laundry baskets and moved into the Extended Stay Hotel out at Westport for the rest of the spring.

Here is the 5 cent tour of our new single room "home".

First Claire's bedroom/corner and the office...



Next the kitchen and the view from the door... (sorry these pictures are dark, they are from my cell phone as the camera didn't make the cut)


The living room and storage... by "living room" I mean the chair. Everyone got 1 laundry basket to keep their stuff together. Charlotte was the one exception to the 1 laundry basket rule. I also gave her a little pink box and before everything disappeared she got to put all of her favorite books, toys, colors into it. I promised her that whatever she put in the box, would follow us wherever she would go. Everything she picked out was pretty predictable. The LadyBug girl book, Where the Wild things Are, Hippo, Max and Ruby and then she killed me when she picked out several toys for Claire. She didn't have a lot of space in that little box.



the dining room and kitchen... it has a fridge, microwave and stove top. No oven, so my souffles will have to wait...


Charlotte's room... yes it is a princess tent. I know everything that I stand against. But I do believe in life there are times when a compromise might be necessary. And since Charlotte is sleeping in the corner of a hotel room after all her beloved toys disappeared one day along with the only house she has ever known, I thought this might be one of those times. So princess tent it is.



The "master" bedroom... otherwise known as mommy and daddy's corner. Really the only thing that worried me about this whole set up is that I am deathly afraid of hotel comforters. But since we are going to be here for awhile that was a quick fix with me just bringing my own. (please note the cute pink baby sleeping on the bed! )

So see this isn't that bad. In fact its a pretty fun adventure. Except it is 10:30 pm and Charlotte who is usually sound asleep by 8:00 is still up running around. Maybe soon we will get the routine down, or we will just live with it cause really we have everything that's important.

Comments