Skip to main content

summer mish mash

Summer 2011 was sweet. Mostly cause we had Jake home all summer and did not have to share him with California. So in an attempt to document a "see girls we did do things with you even though you dont remember" this post is just a mish mash of summer fun.

HANG OUT: as with any good summer there was significant amounts of: hang-out-not-much-going-on-lets-run-through-the-sprinklers-and-eat-watermelon-kind-of-day. This happen to be one of those.
MUNY: Charlotte and I went to the Muny again this year and saw The Little Mermaid, ate too much ice cream and had a fabulous girls day out.


NY: Got a chance to see my parents out in NY which was filled with multiple water activities



Do not let this photo fool you. Claire is fearless. She hurled herself off of this pier multiple times.

SOCCER CAMP: Charlotte went to a day soccer camp, which she loved. Every day I picked her up she was sweaty, bright red in the face, hungry and tired. Sounds like the perfect camp to me.




HORSES: Without a doubt one of the highlights of the summer. While we were in NY Papi took Charlotte to ride her first horse (not a silly little pony strapped to a pole at the pumpkin patch, but an actual horse).

This is Whiskers, Whistler, Whistney... drat I don't remember. This is the horse she rode.


So I am not a photographer... but wow! The photo below - I took this. Not sure how and pretty sure I couldn't do it again. But I am just saying I would not be surprised if Horse and Hound Magazine called me up after this photo goes viral for its awesomeness.

SWIM LESSONS: Claire had 2 weeks of a Mommy and Me swim class in which she spent the entire time trying to get away from said Mommy, because she was certain she could swim all on her own and we were just holding her back.

Charlotte spent 4 weeks going through level 1 and 2. Her teacher commented "She's great, she just really tries her hardest at everything."- sometimes I wish I wasn't a teacher, so that I wouldn't know what that meant.
Simply a great summer with two amazing girls.

Comments

amy said…
I love seeing your girls! and I miss talking to you...