Skip to main content

Saying Goodbye

I'm going to miss my bank teller at Midland, my cashier at Wayne's, my pharmacist at Watsons, and don't even get me started about my hairstylist, cause my ends will split just thinking about it.  Greenville is like no other town, I won't even argue with you, cause hands down it wins all-the-towns.   We love Apple Days in the fall, Daniken Christmas trees in the winter, the flowers at Patriots park in the spring, and Marcoot's Ice Cream in the summers.   As we venture out into the world, one thing is clear to all four of us- we are gonna miss our home.   And as much as I am going to miss the guy that changes my oil at Rex's, it doesn't even come close to our friends, our church, the tribe of people that we call ours.  Many joined us at the city pool on our last night in Greenville.  Some of our friends we have known since college, and others we have gotten to know more recently through our kids.  These people own the words kind and generous.  As we leave to wonder, we will always be aware of where we belong. 

After the goodbyes to friends, next were our families.  The family tour of 2017 began with a trip north to see Jakes's family in Wisconsin.  We wanted to get in some of the best that America has to offer- which meant the Packers, as well as a significant amount of cheese. 



Then East to see my family in New York.  My parents have had "cousins camp" for 5 years running, and it was a must not miss before we leave. 

Preparing for a long journey must start with some goodbyes.  Many of these have been painful, but we are so grateful to the amazing families and friends who are cheering us on and praying for us as we make our way down this path.  Thank you! 











Comments

Aunt Sarah said…
I adore you all and can't wait to live vicariously through your adventures. Praying for you every step of the way.