Skip to main content

The Pyrenees

..............
"This is my favorite view of all time"- Claire
"Nope, wait. Here it is.  Best view ever!"- Claire
"Oh WOW, this is just like that view, but with horses, so this is my new favorite!"- Claire
"MOM!!  Can you believe this view, I can't even.  Yep I think I like the view with sheep better than the one with the horses"- Claire
"Ahh!  A view with purple flowers!  This has to be my favorite"- Claire 


So the Amundsons made it up and over the Pyrenees!  And boy am I glad we packed light.  


The Camino climbs over the Pyrenees in 24 km (about 15miles) and ascends about 1,200 meters (about 4,000 ft).  We did all of it, even when the taxi came by to offer a lift.  




Lunches have been grabbing a baguette, some sheep cheese, and ham before we leave town.  You get a view and a chance to thank the sheep that provided your lunch.  The pigs weren't around though, because well, you know...







It took us two days to cross the mountain range.  We aren't in a race and Jake is determined to enjoy his Sabbatical.  This meant we got to spend our first night on the Camino.  This had been one of my biggest concerns prior to our trip.  I just didn't know what was coming and with two little girls, I was more nervous than if it had just been the two of us.  But as I have heard more and more "the Lord provides on the Camino", and he does! The first night we stayed at Orisson, which was actually an old Shepard cottage halfway up the mountain that you can see below.



It was simple,  but also magical.  I mean this is the view from the bathroom!



Charlotte and Claire jumped right into their interviews.  First up, a couple from South Korea and another from Norway.  Clearly, this is a perfect way to teach synthesizing when she writes up the interview on the two cultures! 





Sure it was a hard climb.  But my girls learned that one step at a time can make that hard possible.  And hard can feel so good when you are up over the clouds.


Comments

Unknown said…
That last one is my favorite view. No wait...