Skip to main content

Annie

Charlie and I had a girl's night out yesterday, and it was a blast. First we went to CPK. Ok... let me take a moment to say that Charlie is really funny. Seriously, she cracks me up all the time, and as she is getting older her little personality is just screaming sassy, fun, firecracker. I really enjoy doing things with her, and not just cause I have to cause I am her mom. She is fun.

However I digress, the main event of the evening was our tickets to the MUNY to see Annie. Charlie's first live performance of anything. I was a little nervous at first for the follow reasons:
1. That little firecracker personality can also turn mighty crabby very quickly when she is tired, and the show wasn't going to be over until 11ish.

2. She picks up on a lot and I didn't think the singing/dancing extravaganza would completely distract her from the concept that there are kids out there who don't have parents. Were we ready for that conversation at 3?

3. She really hasn't seen a lot of stuff with villains in it. Handy Manny and Kai-lan's problems have nothing to do with an adult beating kids. Was she ready for Ms. Hannigan???

4. Is my over thinking turning into OCD??

So I just loaded her up with sugar and let the evening roll...

So here is how the evening it went down...
1. She was mesmerized by the singing and dancing. Completely focused the entire time on everything that was happening on stage. 3 hours of complete concentration and amazement especially with all the little girls. Then she sang "tomorrow" all the way back to the car. And by sang "tomorrow" I don't mean a cute rendition of the song, I mean the only word she knew was "tomorrow". So she just sang that word over and over and over.
Dealing with a tired grouch monster- Check

2. We did have a conversation about how Annie didn't have a mom and dad and how she was adopted. And she was just like OK, no biggie, she got a new mommy and daddy, whats the big deal mom??
Tough conversation about life- Check

3. She told me at the end "that lady (Ms. Hannigan) was not nice to the little girls. She was not her mommy, she was a mean teacher. But Ms Carter (Charlie's real life teacher) is a nice teacher. "
The evils of this world- Check

4. the OCD... yeah... probably.

Comments

Katie said…
Why are you guys SO CUTE!!!!???
shmaynor said…
She is getting so big and so beautiful!