Skip to main content

Anticipation

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best -- " and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.
-- Winnie the Pooh


I had thought it was Thursday. Thought it was time. Thought I had to get to the hospital immediately. It was raining, my cell phone had died, Jacob was in Greenville teaching and I was a little paniced. I left Charlotte at Margie's and Bob kindly took me to the hospital and then waited for Jacob. He left his students to continue their class (as I am sure they did) to make a rush to the hospital. The maternity ward was packed the nurses very busy and... I was wrong. I got sent home and left with my shame. Apparently my only true symptom had been anticipation, and that isn't enough to put you into labor.

We are excited. We are ready. We really want to meet this little person that is going to change our world. We don't know if it is going to be a boy or girl, but Charlotte does. She makes up songs about how excited she is to meet her little sister. She is 100% convinced that it is a girl. Even stating that she is going to share her hippo, blanket and other prized possessions with her little sister. But if it is a brother- nothing, he will get nothing from her and will be on his own. Then she will smile and say just kidding, but we really don't think she is kidding.

So we wait. Excited about getting a second chance to do this again. Thrilled that soon our world is going to be all about sleep, poo and milk. Basking in the anticipation that before this milk in our fridge expires... we will have a new baby in our house.

Comments

Jenn and Sandy said…
We'll be praying for a quick and easy delivery! :)
amy said…
can't wait. charlie will be an awesome sister!!!