Skip to main content

Pretty Pink Baby

We headed for our induction Thursday afternoon. Due to our previous experiences with Charlotte's 22 hour delivery we were ready again for another all nighter. Even with that long night last time I LOVED LABOR, and this one I loved just as much. It is such an amazing experience, and one that both Jacob and I truly embrace. Although I have to give most credit for my love of labor to 1. the epidural and 2. to my sweet husband/personal DJ. Jacob hooks up the room with the surround sound speakers, a 6 hour play list that takes him basically 9 months to carefully create and even a subwiffer under the bed (to help me feel the music). Then we and the whole nursing staff enjoy some great tunes through the night. One of the nurses came in and said that she completely remembered us from Charlotte which was 3 1/2 years ago, cause we were having so much fun!

This time was the same, it was fun, it was a miracle, it was a time I will again never forget. And at 12:34 am on October 30, 2009 Claire Elizabeth entered the world to Smokey Robinson.



We didn't know gender and I loved the suspense of the surprise. When the doctor said it was a baby girl there was nothing but excitement, joy and a little bit of relief because the nursery is already purple.I love her discreet pose here. Nothing if not a lady.
Our first moment...

The next morning Charlotte got to meet her new sister which, "See I told you she was a girl", was proudly pronounced more than once.

Our new family (minus puppy- Charlotte thought it was terrible that they wouldn't let dogs into the hospital, because he needed to meet Claire too.)
Check out these cheeks! I mean seriously they are driving me crazy!

The next day in the hospital was Halloween. Isn't it normal for 1 day old baby girl to be dressed as a black skeleton??
She didn't need pink clothes anyway... I mean seriously the cheeks! Cant stop kissing them, they are going to be raw very shortly.
Loving on her daddy. Who by the way is toast with his 2 girls now. He doesn't have a chance.
again with the cheeks... I could go on and on.
So my mom makes the greatest sugar cookies and for each of her grand kids birthday she always does a batch of cookies shaped in the number of how old they are. Here is Claire with her first birthday cookie, of which I enjoyed.
Our little pink bunny in her "going home outfit". Did I mention the cheeks???

Comments

amy said…
LOVE LOVE LOVE the cheeks!!!!!
Amanda said…
Oh, Lisa!! She is beautiful and the cheeks are killer! I hope to get to meet the sweet addition to the family next week while I am in STL.
So excited for you guys!
Jules said…
She.is.too.cute. I can't even get enough of her and I am only her cousin!! So happy for you!
Jack said…
Congrats to you Lisa and family. Julie told me it was a girl, so happy for you and your family! Enjoy you know they grow fast :)
Ferris Family said…
Lisa (Jake and Charlotte) she's absolutely beautiful!!!!! Congratulations.

BTW, for what it's worth, I loved all of my labors too :)
Unknown said…
She is so cute! And yes, those cheeks are adorable! Hope the sleeping is going well, for all 4 of you!
Shannon Kitchen said…
Congratulations Lisa!! She is beautiful! :)
Lisa, I haven't talked to you in so long! I am just beyond happy for you and your family. Claire is a beauty and so lucky to have such a caring, fun and loving Mommy! My best to you all! XO
The Wagners said…
Congratulations!!! Absolutely love the pics...