Skip to main content

Christmas in NY

We spent Christmas this year in NY at my parents house.
Charlotte and my brother's two boys spent most of their time outside in the snow. Riding around on my dad's lawn mower/kid cart...

sledding...
hanging out with the neighbor's goats...
waving to the snowplow..
building a frosty...

and then warming up in the hot tub...


until our cheeks were as rosy as Santa's.

Christmas Eve we spent hanging out by the fire listening to my brother and Leah play some Christmas Carols. Leah is amazing at the violin, absolutely mind blowing. I love that this will be a new tradition now that she is joining the family.
Stockings on Christmas morning
Claire bear totally loved this part


Santa apparently got Charlotte's letter and she got her "touch and brush". OK so lets take a moment and talk about the fact that she was more excited about the "touch and brush" than the dollhouse I made her. Yep she liked the dollhouse, but she LOVED the touch and brush.

Bathroom appliance vs. Childhood heirloom
3 minutes on the phone ordering vs. 1 month of hotglueing my fingertips and hand cramps from the tin snips
$19.99 vs. you don't want to know

Never mind I don't want to think about this anymore, and I am going to let it go. But when the mighty Touch and Brush breaks in 2 weeks (which we all know it will) if she cries for its loss I am really going to need some help.

Mom and Dad's pretty little grandbabies on Christmas morning
Our family has gotten big enough that the "kids table" has finally made its appearance.
Over Christmas we also celebrate any winter birthdays. Charlotte helped Nana decorate Jake's cake this year. With "butter cream roses" which she was thrilled about. Any Max and Ruby fans out there??

And because this blog is documentation for future Charlotte to enjoy and understand just how crazy she really was, I feel it is necessary to add the next picture. This was the "outfit" that Charlotte wore almost the entire time that we were in NY. She usually likes to run around in nothing but her underwear, but we have a general rule that we don't do that at other people's houses (I even make Jacob cover up). So this was our great compromise. It's a blanket. And when it comes down to it and I think back on this Christmas this is the image I will think of, and smile.

Comments

rachel blazer said…
love the blanket... mostly because it reassures me that caroline isn't wackadoo. (i love that word). we've done the blanket dress more than once- more than 100 times, actually. i haven't been successful in keeping her clothed at our friends' homes, though, so congratulations! : )

looks like a wonderful christmas- and happy winter birthday to jake!
-rachel
*i'll call you next time we're selling our FairShares week! : )