Skip to main content

If i had a hammer, I would hammer in the morning....

While cleaning out my basement yesterday I found my wedding dress (supposedly sealed by the dry cleaners) sitting in water and molding away. I sighed when I saw it, cause I really loved that dress. But how come there was no crying? One Word: Haiti

Later that day I talked with Charlotte about the devastation (Haiti, not the dress :)). We looked at a couple of carefully selected pictures, talked about the people and what they were going through, prayed for them. A few hours later she came up to me (she had been thinking) and asked me for a hammer. I was confused and asked her why. She said, "so I can help build houses in Haiti."
Now that was worth crying over. So I did.

Comments

Dale Beachy said…
wow. amazing little heart of love.
Dale Beachy said…
fyi... it's amy. not dale.
Katie said…
That's a pretty short post to make me cry! Dang-it! I'm growing weak! And who knew Dale was so sensitive?!
Amanda said…
Such a sweet girl!! That shows that her mommy & daddy are raising her right!!
There is someone with a big heart, so cute...
Please, can you poste a picture of your weddingdress? Would love to see that. :-) (not the wet one...)