Skip to main content

Are you guys for scuba?

Jake and I have a little hobby that we are quickly becoming addicting.   He likes to scuba dive, and I like to watch him in his scuba suit.   Hee Hee...
 
Actually, I love to go scuba diving as well.  Particularly with him, due to my forementioned hobby.  When we were in Mexico we knew that we had to hit the Cenotes.  These are inland caves on the coast that are flooded with both fresh and salt water, creating a world that is completely unbelievable.

First, you take a trek into the jungle and then enter the cave.  Here is Jake.

Except when you get to the cave, it is flooded.  This is the point when your God-given sense of fight or flight kicks in and you say to yourself, "well... that doesn't look safe, I believe I will turn around, and head toward that other place, you know, ANY OTHER place where there is air."
OR
You can do what we did, strap on some scuba gear and experience another what you have never seen before.  It was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. 
 
See those yellow fins... That's me!  
It is hard to get good photos because it is really dark.  We had flashlights that we used so we could see the stalagmite/tites, creepy little underwater cave creatures and rock formations.  There isn't a beautiful reef, or the color and life that you might get in an ocean- but man is it cool!  And just about when you think this is also starting to look like an underwater grave you begin to ascend from the cave... and you get to see the hope of life ahead.  God is good!







Comments