Skip to main content

Finisterre

At the end of the Camino is Finisterre, from the Latin words finis terrae, meaning "end of the earth".  The Romans thought this was it, nothing beyond, and to be honest it still kind of feels that way.  This is about at far west as we can get without getting really wet.  And if a little bit of me felt like I didn’t want the Camino to end, nothing really says you are done like the ocean,  we waived to y’all.





I had the girls come up with the top five reasons that kids should walk the Camino.  I want to say that I 100% get that we have had an opportunity that so few others are able to take.  This trip is nearly impossible for most families, certainly because of the sheer amount of time (it actually wasn’t more money than our normal budget at home!).  But some might have the opportunity, and we think they should jump on it.  Young, old, or in a wheelchair (check out the book: I’ll Push You) the Camino can be a great pilgrimage for everyone.  Plus this was good for the kids to get some closure.  Here is a video of them.




Comments