Skip to main content

Belay... Belay on....

Jacob and I took the day off on Wednesday because we all had dentist appointments. He had wanted to try out Monkey Joe's for a long time and this seemed like the perfect opportunity for a family adventure. Monkey Joe's is this huge inflatable bouncy gym for kids (and parents who think that they are kids).

We had always know that Charlie enjoyed climbing, we had no idea! Her form and technique were perfect, almost like her grandpa teaches this stuff or something....



We even taught her to say "Belay"
There were also all kind of tunnels and obstacle courses (all inflatable) that she got to crawl through.

This is a 20 foot nearly straight up climb. She was just hanging on completely fearless and loving it. I however just about peed my pants. In fact the one and only time that she fell was when she was almost at the top and I couldn't take it anymore and went up after her, and then I lost my grip falling... taking her with me! A little boy looked at me in my humiliation at the bottom and said, "Lady, she would have made it if you hadn't of gone up". Thanks boy.









There were huge slides as well. Yeah there was padding, but these things were stinkin high! I don't ever remember being able to do this kind of stuff as a kid.











And then came the teeth. Charlie is a serious thumb sucker. Not just in duration but in intensity so our pediatrician suggested that we take her to the dentist sooner than the normal 3 year appointment. I hadn't found any good advice online so I was hoping that in his great wisdom he would be able to guide us. After a through examination he looked and Jacob and I and said, I only have 1 piece of advise to give you in this situation, start saving for braces....
awesome

Comments

amy said…
She is AWESOME!!!!
shmaynor said…
Briggs and Charlie will look cool together in their braces!