Skip to main content

our romantic evening

So a little Jacob and Lisa History 101. When we first started dating (over 10 years ago) I had a Chicago CD. I loved this CD, and by loved I mean listened to it nearly every night as I sang my heart out with tears streaming down my face... so I was really bummed when a friend borrowed it and lost it. Jacob and I were at Best Buy about a week later. He wanted to buy me the CD, and surprise me later. So naturally then the 19 year old boy in baggy jeans took the still unpurchased CD and hid it into his sleeve as he was walking around the store with me. Well of course the security cameras caught him and he had to explain himself to the Best Buy manager, the security officer and the girl that he had just started dating that he was not trying to shop lift the CD... the CD that was hidden in his clothes... hidden in his clothes not yet purchased. Eventually the manager believed him and I (being enamored) could only see that he was willing to do crazy things to make me happy.

Fast forward to this weekend (our 8th wedding anniversary). Jacob surprised me with a babysitter, dinner at J'Bucks and tickets to go and see Chicago on the lawn at the amphitheater. Being St. Louis of course it rained, and apparently Peter Cetera quit (what the heck Peter!) But Jacob bought me a funnel cake, and he had brought a tarp, that we cuddled under during the rain to the greatest love ballads ever written... so I (still enamored) could only see that he was still willing to do crazy things to make me happy. How crazy romantic is he!?!?!

Comments

amy said…
awww... i can feel the love all the way in FL!!!
Katie said…
Good job, Jake!
JoEllen said…
Ok, romantic yes. . .but the knowledge that you used to listen to Chicago and sing along and cry every night 10 years ago is pretty hilarious. I also remember you in high school always listening to your Les Mis CD and singing along saying how sad and romantic it was lol!

Happy Anniversary, guys!
shmaynor said…
Jake, you are the coolest.
The Malones said…
That story is classic!! How funny, it sounds like it should be on a sitcom!
The Wagners said…
Typical, another "friend" making me look bad. And of all people "The Jake". I like him better when he is putting thousands of dollars on the credit card to hold tickets that he may or may not receive for the Frozen Four. And now Susan thinks you are the coolest. Of course she always has, cuz you are. Well done brotha!

Love yeas,

Big Wags
Jules said…
That's my cousin for ya!!! :) You guys have a great love...