Skip to main content

Summer has come

Since the first day we moved in our house 7 years ago I have wanted patio furniture. It just always kept getting pushed further and further down the "wish list". A "wish list" that seems to include things like brakes on a car, furnace in January... you know things that are just extra... So when World Market had this on clearance I pulled out my little "jar from under the bed" and bought it (note to any robbers out there, I don't actually have a jar of cash under my bed, please don't come and look- you will be disappointed).I love it. Every time I look at the umbrella it makes me happy. This evening we celebrated the coming of summer and our new table set with the Maynors, of whom Charlie adores. And look at them... who wouldn't!!!
Then we made peach cobbler on the fire pit and had a wonderful evening with Susan and the boys. If you have never made it, you need to. Here is the recipe.
1 can of peaches in heavy syrup
Bisquick mixed with milk
Glop 2 spoonfuls of Bisquick in the can of peaches and just stick it in the fire. We had more success this time when we covered the cans with foil.
Wait 20 minutes and enjoy!
You can eat it out of the can, but if you are 2 years old it is easier out of a bowl as the can is fire hot.
Charlie devouring the peaches

B and M deep in contemplation while looking at the fire.


Comments

Katie said…
I love it!!! How fun!!!
amy said…
I LOVE your furniture!
Looks like so much fun!
The Wagners said…
I agree with Katie and Amy!
Jenn and Sandy said…
beautiful furniture! I love the stripes!