Skip to main content

Family Reunion

This past weekend we all headed to Southern Illinois for the Kettelkamp family reunion. Before we got there we decided to make it a 3 day tour and saw as many relatives along the way as possible.

There was fishing at my Uncle Rogers pond (or better know as "the great lakes" in my family). Here was the finally score:





Mom--- 0 (but she was the photographer)
Dad---- 0 (there is no excuse for him)
Charlie-0 (she was completely grossed out by the whole experience and once a fish was caught she wanted nothing to do with it. She loves fish so I thought she would love this. However apparently she loves fish and seeing them gasping and struggling was not what she considered a good time.)
I however caught 3. Yes that is right... I am the woman! Ok... so they weren't very big, but please note the fly rod. Not easy my friends.
We spent some time at my Uncle Richards Farm. Where she got to sit in one of her favorite things. A tracker. This is what she considers a good time.



Then we spent some time at my Aunt Jane and Uncle Ken's. Charlie's cousin R was there and they had a wonderful time playing together.





This bean bag game actually turned into more of a basketball game. Here she is on a fast break away.







We obviously had quite a lovely day.




And then Uncle Ken broke out the homemade ice cream. Ohhhh..... wow. The "summer of ice cream" may as well be complete. It was divine.






















This is actually a very precious picture to me, as I used to sleep on this bed/chair as a kid, as did my dad/aunt before me and their mom before them. So 4 generations of children taking naps have fallen asleep and in love with this super comfy chair. (Just in case you are wondering it has been recovered MANY times.)



And then the last day was the actual reunion. Which to Charlie really only meant eating as many pickles as she could with out getting caught and pool time.








She loved the slide and had a very hard time leaving it. I told her that we couldn't go swimming anymore because we had our clothes on, and no one goes swimming with their clothes on. It seemed like great logic to me. Until we were packed up and ready to go I gave her (fully clothed) to my dad to watch while I packed the car. I came back to find her completely naked standing at the top of the slide ready to go again. He was right there watching... just didn't want to tell her "no". I seem to remember him telling me "no" very easily growing up. But I guess that is why we love our Papi.

Comments

amy said…
What an awesome time! You go girl!!!
The Malones said…
That looks like you had a great trip! Charlie always makes me smile!