Skip to main content

Our group

We live in St. Louis. A town that is filled with people who where born here and have grandparents who lived here and probably saw the arch go up. We don't. Neither of our families live close, so being in a town where everyone has family sometimes it gets to me. I think how fun it would be to just go over to my moms for a Sunday dinner or drop off Charlie at Jake's parents so we can head to a movie on a Friday.
We don't have that but we do have the next best thing, we have our church group. Its a group that has become like a family to us. We have been involved in a church group since we first started at our church (with the Atkisons) which was... wow... probably like 6 or 7 years ago. And even though it has changed over the years in people, we really have only been apart of 2 different groups (both of which had Mohrs at times, we cant get enough of them!) Our first group we loved dearly and they truly became family to us here in St. Louis. I still consider many of them my closest friends. However when that group ended we joined a new group that we have grow to love just as much. We always take a break from group in the summer (which I think is brilliant for a healthy group) But we really missed them and had them over for a grill night in our backyard. Here are a couple pictures of the evening... that lasted into the Wii hours of the night. (hee hee, I am cracking myself up)


Charlie bossing around Eliot, I don't think he was sitting exactly how she wanted him to here. Poor boy.
Our dear Bob and "Margies" with flowers in their hair from Charlie.

The ladies and the boys enjoying summer.









I don't

remember what this game was called it was something that sounded like ebola (without the sick monkeys.)

Comments

Keri DeGroot said…
We love you guys too!!! When we left that night, CJ's parents commented on what amazing friends we have here...couldn't agree more!
Deb said…
I can still remember looking out our kitchen window and seeing you guys walking up on our back deck. I treasure in my heart the years in St. Louis and our small group. That group showed us what real community is supposed to look like, how to love and walk along side each other. I praise God for our time with you and I praise God that he continues to give us new people to love and walk along side. Miss you guys!