Skip to main content

Balloon Glow

The night before the annual Hot Air Balloon race, St. Louis has the "Balloon Glow". They fire up the balloons and everyone gets to "ohhh and ahhh". We have heard of it with "glowing" reports so when my parents were in town and Katie called to say they were heading down, we thought we would join in this St. Louisy event. Getting there was an hour long fight though the crowds (as everyone else in St. Louis was also there). When I say fight, I mean literally there were elbows being thrown... But once there it was magical.
They let the little ones sit on the basket of the balloon for a photo op. She really enjoyed it until the man fired up the balloon which shocked the ....... out of her. Someone didn't think through the thought process of "Hey lets let all the little kids being potty trained squat on the basket and then BAM we will fire up the blazer and see what happens." This guy has no idea how lucky his shoes are that there was a split second decision right before we headed out the door to put a pull up on.

During the hour long fight against the crowds to get home I decided that the whole evening would be a crazy incredible experience, if it just didn't have the crowds. So because I love my city and truly do wish that every one of it citizens can experience this amazing event, I pledge that there will be 3 less people there next year. My gift to all of you.

Comments