Skip to main content

obama

We heard on the news that Obama was coming to St. Louis. Without any previous plans and knowing it was going to be a beautiful day we got in the car and headed down to see what we could see. Well we saw 100,000 people, one of which is running for president. It was an experience I know that I wont forget. Partly due to his great speech but really more due to the huge amounts of people. Such a multitude of different backgrounds, race, wealth, education, age, even a huge sign that said "REDNECKS FOR OBAMA!"... I don't think I had ever been in a crowd that was that diverse. All excited, all hopeful, all ready to come together. I know that this is far from a political blog, and I am not trying to make a statement here. But it was amazing.

Can you see us? We are about 1/4 of the way back.

Charlie thought it was fun. She obviously didn't get what was going on, but she loved her new Obama button. In fact I am pretty sure she thinks that the word "Obama" means button.

And just so none of our McCain lovin friends and family think that we are brainwashing her into a liberal. When we were walking out Jacob asked her who she was going to vote for, she enthusiastically yelled "CHUCKY CHEESE!!" Apparently pizza and games, not the economy and national security are the issues 2 year olds are voting for in this election... well Jacob too.

Comments