Skip to main content

Yo Gabba Gabba

Claire turned 2 and it is a party year (we are an every other year party family).
So it was a 2 year old birthday party- but it was an awesome 2 year old birthday party. As in I would go to this party and have fun even if I wasn't 2, even if I didn't have a 2 year old- it was that fun. Way too much fun for a kids birthday party. I thought I was supposed to be worn out and crabby at the end... instead I was sad it was over.

We did a couple things right:
1. We combined the party with our good friends- who have twins that also just turned 2. We would mostly have the same people at the party anyway. Divide and conquer my friends. Divide and conquer.
2. We picked the right friends- I love Carrie, she did way more than I did (I was clearly the slacker in the team- or winner in getting the best partner depending on how you look at it.)
3. We picked Yo Gabba Gabba. It was gender neutral, all three kids were obsessed with DJ Lance and his crew of... still not really sure what they are.
4. It was active. We just loaded the Rec Center with balloons (blown up courtesy of the volleyball team), blasted music and let all the 2 year olds "Go CRAZY, Go! Go! Go! Go Crazy!!!"
5. The twins grandpa is a DJ. Clearly this is a quality that will come in handy for the twins for years. He was amazing and turns out 2 year olds love strobe lights (plus they got a free screening to see if any had seizures- all passed)

Oh yeah... and Jake dressed up like DJ Lance... there was also that.
They played some silly games...
Danced some silly dances. "Wiggle. Wiggle. Wiggle. STOP!"


Pretty great having a funky cool dad. Girls I certainly hope that you always think you dad is as rad as you did when you were 2. Cause it takes a cool dude to dress up in an orange afro for you.



(This is why Carrie is awesome! Look at these cupcakes... they are amazing!)
Happy Birthday Claire bear!!! Please do not expect a DJ at every party...

Comments